Trustee with HR expertise needed
Are you ready for a challenge?
4Life exists to bring hope to the thousands of abandoned disabled children living in state institutions in Thailand. Working alongside Christian Care Foundation for Children with Disabilities (CCD) we are able to provide them with the love and support they need to achieve their potential and hopefully change their situation for life.
4Life strives to advance this vision by:
- Providing financial aid for the disabled children in South East Asia, support CCD’s project
- Raising awareness about the plight of the disabled children
- Coordinating the activity of supporters, donors, and ex-volunteers in Europe
- Recruiting, screening and training volunteers to go to work with the children in Thailand
We are seeking a human resources professional with a recognised HR qualification and managerial experience who can confidently:
- Actively participate as a key member of the Board
- Assist the management team with HR related issues and advise on policy development and implementation
- Be responsible for communicating Human Resources issues to the board and giving expert advice
- Develop, improve and participate in the Charity recruitment and selection processes
- Monitor, identify and interpret any future relevant Human Resources trends for the Board
4Life would prefer candidates to be
- Someone who is passionate about helping vulnerable children in South East Asia or disability rights, and will learn about and support the values of CCD
- Someone who is a committed Christian
- Someone who would be willing to visit the work of CCD in Thailand if requested
- Someone who has experience of working with charities, or who has time and capacity to learn about charity commission regulations and requirements
And offer the following practical commitment:
- Willing to be in London for meetings 4 times per year
- Willing to come to For Life office occasionally if required for individual expert role
- Time and capacity to respond to questions/give approval over email approx twice a month
- Energy to engage with fundraising, or be willing to engage their contacts in charity work/activities.
We hope you are excited by this opportunity and look forward to hearing from you. You can apply by submitting a current CV with a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements and explaining what you hope to gain from contributing to the management of our charity.
Please send to Julia.Burns@4lifethailand.org
To have an informal chat with the Managing Director about this voluntary position call Julia Burns on 02031765254