Information for Prospective Volunteers
As the UK arm of CCD, For Life screens all people applying to volunteer at CCD from Europe. This screening process ensures the wellbeing of CCD children, staff and volunteers by ensuring that only those suitable for this role volunteer. CCD is often oversubscribed for volunteers, and therefore this process also ensures the highest calibre of volunteers.
If you are applying to volunteer at CCD, please fill in the following application form, and email or post it to us with a copy of your passport and four passport photos.
Please bear the following information in mind when considering whether to apply to volunteer at CCD:
THE SCREENING PROCESS
- If, having received your application form, you are considered suitable to volunteer, you will be invited to attend an interview at our office in London. This will be during normal office hours.
- Following your interview, and prior to acceptance, two references will be obtained, and an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau. Please refer to our ex-offenders’ policy for further details (available on request).
- Once we have received your references and CRB, we will tell you whether you are able to volunteer. You must not book flights until you have received this confirmation.
- If accepted, you will be required to attend a training weekend at our office in London. Please refer to our website for the forthcoming dates. You will not be able to go to CCD before attending one of these weekends, and so please make sure you factor this into your schedule.
- Prior to your departure, you will need to obtain a non-immigrant visa from the Thai Consulate.
- Obtaining CRBs usually takes around 6 weeks but can take longer, therefore you must apply within plenty of time before you are planning on going.
- We coordinate volunteers to arrive on one day in each month, and therefore your preferred arrival date needs to be negotiated with For Life.
- Applications for less than three months will not be considered except in very individual circumstances.
- The Summer months tend to be the busiest so you may need to apply further in advance to ensure there is space.
- Whilst we appreciate that volunteers give of their time and energy for free, to ensure the most benefit for CCD, a maximum of 20 days holiday pro rata applies for all volunteers. This means that if you volunteer for three months, you can take five days holiday (one week), or if you volunteer for six months, ten days holiday (two weeks).
For Life retains the right to accept or refuse volunteers based on our Appointment of Volunteers Policy and Ex-Offender’s policy.