For Life exists to bring life to the thousands of abandoned disabled children living in state institutions in Thailand. The scene on the wards of these institutions is one of despair. These children are living in utter poverty and depravity and are suffering the consequences of severe neglect and social institutionalisation. Each of the ‘wards’ has just 2-3 care-givers who only have enough time to feed, change nappies and give quick showers to the dozens of children in their charge. As a result the children are severely malnourished and exist without stimulation, education, healthcare or hope. With your help, we seek to change their situation, for life.
For Life was started in May 2004 by James & Esther Treasure, and Lydia & Henry George. After several visits to the orphanages in Thailand, they were moved to do something to help their situation.
For Life has the following aims and values:
- To provide financial aid for the disabled and abandoned children in South East Asia by raising funds for the Christian Care Foundation for Children with Disabilities (CCD)
- To raise awareness for the plight of the forgotten children of Thailand.
- To educate the general public about the plight of the disabled abandoned children in Thailand.
- To act as a UK base to co-ordinate supporters, donors, adoptive families and ex-volunteers.
- To screen and comprehensively train volunteers to go to work with the children in Thailand.